At Duality we are taking on the critical challenge of innovating human-robot interaction.
Every autonomous system from self-driving cars to smart excavators requires a comprehensive understanding of human behavior and the environments in which they operate. The bottleneck holding back robotics development today is the outsized challenge of gathering data for building the learning systems and validating safe operation of these machines under diverse conditions. The Duality platform will make it possible to generate high-quality interaction data intentionally and at scale.
Our jam is simulation with humans-in-the-loop. Imagine Fortnite but with robots and humans! We build physically accurate worlds in which autonomous robots and human players can engage in real time, producing high fidelity interaction data.
Are you a game engineer or real time developer interested in building a “play experience” that has real impact in our physical world? Autonomous systems will be a necessary part of humanity’s future. Be a part of the founding team in one of the first companies taking on this problem head-on.
- In conjunction with our Design and Product teams, understand customer application requirements and how they translate into platform features and requirements.
- Architect and develop a performant and scalable multi-player game platform using the UE4 game engine.
- Drop down into game engine code to squeeze out every ounce of photorealism and physics performance required to accurately model robotic sensors and actuators.
- Consider pipeline implications of implementing a real time API and high volume data handling on the game engine and platform design.
- Inspire the rest of the development team by setting a high standard for code elegance and development practices.
- Follow emerging trends in the UE4 engine ecosystem and evaluate their impact on Duality’s platform development.
- Proficient at developing multiplayer games with the UE4 engine.
- Understand how to design and develop C++ classes that follow UE4 conventions and are exposed for Blueprint access.
- Masters in Computer Science, Graphics, Physics or a related technical area.
- 5+ years of work experience with C++ programming in game engines, computer graphics or physical simulations.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with creative and product partners.
- Organization skills required to take high level team direction and turn it into an execution plan.
- Competitive salary.
- Founding team stock options.
- Work with humans who care about each other and will care about you!
- Be a part of developing a creative, inspiring culture.
- Go home at a normal time to hang out with your family and friends. We are playing the long game!